What is a Detox Diet?
Although detox is primarily thought of as a treatment for alcohol or drug dependence, the term is also used to refer to diets, herbs and other methods of removing environmental and dietary toxins from the body for optimum health.
There are many different types of detox diets. Generally, a detox diet is a short-term diet that:
- Minimizes the number of chemicals ingested found in everyday foods
- Emphasizes foods that provide the vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants that the body needs for detoxification
- Contains foods such as high fiber foods and water that draw out and eliminate toxins by increasing the frequency of bowel movements and urination
Why do people go on a Detox Diet?
A growing body of research suggests that many of the chemicals we ingest daily through food, water, and air can become deposited in fat cells in our bodies. A diet that lacks certain nutrients may also impair our natural ability to detoxify chemicals which further leads to their build up in the body.
The cumulative load, called the “body burden”, is thought to lead to illness and has been linked to hormonal imbalance, impaired immune function, nutritional deficiency, and inefficient metabolism. Signs are thought to include indigestion, bad breath, fatigue, poor skin, and muscle pain.
Our detox diet also consists of an all natural detox supplement kit:
- Yeast plus – this multi-enzyme formula helps maintain a healthy balance of intestinal bacteria and flora. Yeast Plus facilitates the reduction of candida caused by antibiotics, oral contraceptives, sugars, and carbs.
- Colon flush – a synergistic blend of essential herbs and botanicals that will aide and promote a healthy colon.
- Liver plus – supports optimal health and wellness as an all natural scientific formulation designed to aggressively detoxify the liver while optimizing a healthier flow of blood through the functions of the entire body.
- Kidney plus – supports a healthy kidney to help cleanse the kidneys, bladder and urinary tract with a scientific formulation of alkalizing compounds that sooth kidneys, bladder, and urinary tracts while rejuvenating kidney functions. The synergistic blend of herbs and botanicals will optimize kidney function as well.
- Coral plus – is a proprietary blend of natural coral minerals harvested from the ocean floor off subtropical Okinawa Japan. Containing a variety of naturally balanced minerals to support optimal blood alkalinity and healthy bone density, especially when detoxifying the body.
* Results are not guaranteed and individual results may vary.