Unable to lose those extra pounds? Look no further for help?
Getting Started is the hardest, let us help you!
Our Physician Supervised Weight-loss programs are customized to each individual patient!
Our Weight Loss Plan in a Nutshell
We offer 3 different programs for weight loss:
- HCG DietWe offer the HCG diet which is a Very Low-Calorie Diet (VLCD) accompanied by either injections or sublingual medication which seeks the body’s stored fat deposits and breaks them down allowing their nutritive content to enter the bloodstream which gives the body energy. 2000-3500 calories per day from stored stubborn fat deposits are released allowing the body to burn those calories for energy and allowing significant weight loss.Learn More about HCG Diet
- MD Weight Loss ProgramThis is a high Protein and low Carbohydrate program based on 1200-1500 calories per day. Appetite Suppressants (if approved by the Physician) and weekly B12 and Fat Burning injections are also incorporated into this plan.
- Therapeutic Lifestyle ProgramA therapeutic lifestyle program means that you are changing the way that you are living your daily lifestyle to enhance your health. It will help you change your bad habits to good ones, chronic aches and pains to less frequent ones. Who doesn’t want to live a healthy, illness-free life? It incorporates stress management and exercise to complete this wellness program.Learn More about FirstLine Therapy
All plans include visits with the nutritionists/nutritional-counselors for scheduled times based on the program which you are in. Research shows that teaming with medical professionals produces greater, longer-lasting results.
*Results may vary for each individual. Call today for an appointment for your customized program.
Weight Loss Consultations
Our weight loss consultation includes:
- Physician Time
- History & physical exam, including vital signs and EKG, blood work order, Body composition analysis.
- Customized Meal Plan and nutritional counseling
- Weight Loss Medication (if prescribed by the medical provider) (additional charges may apply)
- Weight Loss/ lipotropic injections (MIC Injections) (additional charges may apply)
Simpler and More Effective Weight Loss
Losing weight is now simpler and more effective than ever! Let our friendly and skilled staff show you how. Start now and lose significant fat weight. Everyone struggles with their weight. In one way or another, we all wish we could do something about our bodies. If you have ever thought about making a change, today is the day.
Our Physician Supervised Weight-loss programs are customized to each individual patient.
You will receive the support, encouragement, and tools that you need to lose weight and the education you need to keep it off. At Malik Medical Aesthetics you will meet individually with a member of our team. The initial physician consult fee** is $150 and the program costs vary depending on which program option is best for you. Often times, we have metabolic deficiencies that we don’t recognize and that’s a big part of the medical consultation and laboratory follow up. Managing these helps to prevent recurrent weight gain and also promotes weight loss significantly.
Initial Weight Loss Consultation
Your journey will begin with an initial consult with the Physician. Dr. Malik will review your health and medical history and decide with you on a program that is individualized specifically for you. With any program that you choose, you will receive a Body Composition Analysis, an EKG and individualized complete blood work panel order request. You will meet weekly with a Life Style Educator/Nutritionist and another medical professional to go over your progress, nutritional assessment, nutritional plans, and education, to optimize your weight hormones and other deficiencies. You will be prescribed (if indicated by the physician) Signature supplements or Medication to aid in the weight loss process. Research shows that teaming with medical professionals produces greater, longer-lasting results.
Individualized Weight Loss
Your individualized program will include:
- Weekly support, education, follow up, encouragement and motivation from our educated and experienced team of professionals.
- Education on how to lose weight, keep it off in the real world.
- FDA approved appetite suppressants (if prescribed by the physician)
- Exclusively formulated nutritional supplements that can assist you with weight loss and long-term wellness.
- Supplemental injections for energy and enhanced weight loss are also available and are included with some programs, if appropriate and approved by the physician.
Balanced and Healthy Lifestyle
As you approach your goal weight, you will meet with one of the team members and learn how to live a balanced and healthy lifestyle. You will learn to increase calories and maintain your goal weight. You will still be able to maintain with your signature supplements and products.
Once you hit your goal weight, we will now supply you with the tools, support, and encouragement to help you keep it off. You will have the option to do some advanced testing and analysis of your metabolism and enter into our hormone balancing program. This will help you balance for a lifetime of health and wellness. At this point, monthly or quarterly visits are recommended for at least a year for the Total Wellness Program.
Losing Weight is More than Counting Calories
There is so much more to losing weight than just counting calories. Long-term weight-loss and maintenance require focusing on all aspects of your health. We do that and ensure that the patients are given the tools that they need in all areas to help transition to a healthier lifestyle. We hope to be a part of your journey. If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to call us.
This program is designed to restore optimal metabolic balance and give you back your shape!
Hormones and Weight Gain
The main hormones responsible for weight gain are insulin, cortisol (the stress hormone) and thyroid.
As we age, and other hormones decline, we may become “insulin resistant”. In times of stress, the stress hormone cortisol increases and adds to this picture (see section on the Role of cortisol and stress on weight gain). In this state, there are insulin highs and insulin lows. We store fat in insulin-dependent areas such as the lower abdomen, thighs, under the arms and under the chin.
When insulin increases and sugars swing low, approximately 30-60 minutes after a meal (see graph), we “crash” (i.e. cravings, severe fatigue, headache, dizziness). How these hormone responses are, determines the metabolism. See insulin response graph. How we get diabetes and other metabolic diseases from being overweight/obese, click here for graph view.
As we age, thyroid hormone function declines. Sometimes your lab for thyroid may be within the “normal” range, but it is still not in the “optimal” range for your metabolism. In this program, we will optimize these hormones, so you feel good and lose weight.
You will be evaluated for basic hormones and if any significant abnormality is noted, you may decide to get special hormone consultation for appropriate treatment and planning.
Supplements and medications that may be used
|BASIC NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS||FUNCTION +|
|Essentials 5 in 1 (multivitamin/mineral)||Activates hormones and metabolism|
|Rx Omega (omega 3)||Anti-inflammatory effect|
|7-keto DHEA||Increases muscle, decreases fat, increases metabolism|
|PureCleanse Liver||Increases Phase I and II detoxification reactions in the liver and other tissues|
|L-carnitine||Increases muscle and decreases fat storage|
|OPTIONAL NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS||FUNCTION +|
|Gluco-X||Controls glucose levels|
Stimulates insulin receptors
|Irvingia||Controls glucose levels-blocks Leptin|
Controls glucose swings
|CLA||Increase fatty acid metabolism|
|PureCleanse Bowel 1 and 2|
Herb & Fiber Formulas
|Facilitates regular bowel movement|
Detoxifies body tissues
|Nutritional injection (B12, B6, methionine, inositol, and choline)||Increased energy level; stimulates utilization of carbohydrates and proteins; involved in fat breakdown; supports anti-oxidant pathways in the body|
(eg. Phentermine or phendimetrazine)
|FDA-approved medications that affect brain neurotransmitters to decrease appetite|
|HCG||Proposed to support metabolic function by allowing the metabolism of fat tissue +|
+These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
FAT BURNING / LIPOTROPIC INJECTIONS
These lipotropic agents belong to a class of substances that play important roles in the body’s use of fat. Of these substances methionine, inositol, and choline are among the most noteworthy. Through their involvement in the lipid (fat) metabolism, lipotropics help maintain liver function and promote fat excretion.
Methionine is a lipotropic amino acid which reduces fat and aids in the lowering of cholesterol. It also plays a vital upstream role in the synthesis of other amino acids needed by the body.
- Inositol and Choline
Inositol and Choline are co-enzymes necessary for the proper metabolism of fats. A deficiency in inositol has been shown to produce an accumulation of triglycerides in the liver. Inositol metabolizes fats and cholesterol and aids in their transport in blood vessels. It is, therefore, an aid in the redistribution of body fat and can help to lower cholesterol levels. Choline aids in emulsifying cholesterol. Choline also works well with methionine to detoxify amines which are the by-products of protein metabolism. Without choline, fats can become trapped in the liver, where they black normal metabolic functions.
- Prescription Weight Loss Medications
The medications we sometimes order are appetite suppressants. They reduce the cravings for fats, sweets, and starches. They are available in traditional tablet forms and lollipops…why lollipops you ask:
- Compared to the traditional tablets, the lollipops allow slower absorption, resulting in a better delivery method for more even dosing. The patient will not get the “jitters” and will remain at a more even keel throughout the day.
- Helps facilitate the ability to control a patients desire to eat, addressing their oral fixation.
- A novel approach for new patients…the lollipop will ensure the patient will not forget their medication and they taste great!
Cost of the Program
The cost of the program will vary from $425 (for HCG diet 40-day program only) to $600 (with added supplements &medications), depending on the intensity of the individualized program. The minimum commitment needed is 6-12 weeks for the HCG diet plan.
This cost includes:
- Some basic metabolic supplements and nutritional injections;
- Weekly visits with nutritional advisor;
- The cost of HCG, appetite suppressants and/or other prescription drugs, and,
- One Complementary facial by the aesthetician, once at least 20 lbs have been lost on the program.
The following are not included in the above cost:
- Initial medical evaluation with a board-certified physician, who will help you identify the imbalances that need to be corrected. You will get a written individualized program for weight loss. (The fee for a 30-minute evaluation is $150.00**)
- Essentials 5 in 1 and other supplements.
- Periodic Physician follow-up**.
**-Only PPO or Straight Medicare insurance is accepted for the initial consultation and doctors follow-ups in New Jersey offices only. For any other insurance( HMO, POS etc), you will be provided a superbill that can be submitted by you to your insurance company for any reimbursement directly to you.
§– A separate hormone consult is needed and there is a consultation fee. No insurances are accepted for this service provided by Dr. Pooja Malik. Click here for an example of how PPO-Medicare insurance may pay most or all of this fee directly to you.
* Results are not guaranteed and individual results may vary. Call today for your individual consultation.